Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Submitted by: John Weitekamp, Menard Electric Cooperative
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup carrots diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms sliced
- Favorite marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place open side down in oiled baking dish with a small amount of water.
- Bake at 350 degrees approximately 1 hour or until the squash comes out easily when scraped with a fork.
- Scoop out the inside of the squash and place in greased 9x9-inch baking dish.
- In skillet, heat olive oil and cook onions, celery, carrot, green peppers, mushrooms (and other vegetables as desired).
- Combine cooked vegetables with squash in pan and add enough marinara sauce to cover.
- Top with a layer of cheddar cheese and lightly cover the baking dish with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover the last 5 minutes so cheese will melt and brown.
Nutrition information: 525 calories; 32.6g fat; 1397mg sodium; 39.3g carbohydrates; 19.5g protein.