11 ways to avoid feeling cooped-up
Let’s face it, one of the perks of working in an office is getting to leave the familiar confines of our home. With a teleworking protocol, and a lack of incentive to spend too much of our free time out and about, comes inevitable boredom. Here are some tips on what you can do to avoid the dreaded “Cabin Fever.”
- Break out a good book. For helpful suggestions and reviews, check out a website like goodreads.com.
- Start a new hobby. A few ideas include knitting, stained glass, Sudoku and fiction writing.
- Try a new recipe. Go to icl.coop/finestcooking and try one of those recipes you always wanted to try.
- Do a puzzle. It’s a little old-school, but still fun.
- Pull out some old board games or a pack of cards.
- Engage in some spring cleaning.
- Rearrange your furniture. Sometimes a few moves is all it takes to make your place look new.
- Plan your next vacation. Thoughts of warmer days spent outdoors are nice to have when you are stuck at home.
- Have a movie and popcorn night. Dig out an old favorite or stream or rent something new.
- Research your family history and create a family tree.
- Write a letter to touch base with an old friend or family member. Everyone loves getting an actual letter that’s not a bill or solicitation.