There is nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked bread, and if you add some cinnamon into the mix, oh my! This issue celebrates breads – from those fluffy yeast rolls you remember grandma making for Sunday dinners, to the light and fluffy biscuits that are amazing slathered with butter and jelly. And, let’s not forget those ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls that fill the house with the scents of cinnamon and nutmeg. I can smell them already, can you?
- 5 T. sugar
- 3 c. self-rising flour (or 3 c. all-purpose flour, 1-1/2 t. salt, 4-1/2 t. baking powder)
- 1 12-oz. can beer (I used hard cider)
- 1 stick butter
- Mix sugar, flour and beer and put in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Melt butter and pour over baked bread.
- Bake at 375 degrees for another 15 minutes.