This month’s recipes focus on low carb/diabetic-friendly selections. They may be low in carbohydrates, but certainly do not lack in flavor. Whether you are trying to eat fewer carbs to lose weight or want to eat healthier, give these a try.
Low Carb Egg Breakfast Muffins
Servings 12 muffins
- 7 eggs
- 2-3 T. milk
- Ingredients of your choice (ham, cheese, mushrooms, peppers, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray cups of a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a measuring cup with a spout.
- Divide your optional ingredients evenly into the tins.
- Pour enough egg mixture into each cup to come to the top.
- Sprinkle with a bit of grated cheese, if desired.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Makes 12.