This month’s recipes focus on low carb/diabetic-friendly selections. They may be low in carbohydrates, but certainly do not lack in flavor. Whether you are trying to eat fewer carbs to lose weight or want to eat healthier, give these a try.
- 8 T. grated Parmesan
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 med. Jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a baking mat or parchment paper, make eight 1 tablespoon rounds of parmesan cheese an inch apart.
- Slice the jalapeno and lay slices on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Lay each one onto a mound of parmesan, slightly pressing down.
- Split each provolone slice into 4 pieces and lay each piece on top of the jalapeno and parmesan.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Makes 2 servings.