This month’s recipes focus on low carb/diabetic-friendly selections. They may be low in carbohydrates, but certainly do not lack in flavor. Whether you are trying to eat fewer carbs to lose weight or want to eat healthier, give these a try.
Almond Flour Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 c. blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 6 T. unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 c. maple syrup or honey
- 1 to 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, syrup and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes or lightly golden around edge.
- Cool on baking sheets for 15 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Do not handle cookies for at least 15 minutes or they will break. Store in airtight container. Best when eaten within 2 days. Makes 20 cookies.