Our Daily Bread
Who: Ladies Aid Society of Elliott Avenue Baptist Church
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 182
Send checks to: Ladies Aid, Shirley Campbell, 7629 Wildwood Acres Rd., Springfield, IL 62707 or call 217-487-7491
Balsamic-Glazed Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Bacon
- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 T. Sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 lb. Brussel sprouts halved
- Cook bacon until brown and crispy; crumble and set aside.
- Reserve 1/4 c. bacon drippings in pan.
- Add garlic; cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Add Brussel sprouts, stirring to coat; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove cover; increase heat to medium-high and continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Garnish with crumbled bacon.