There is nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked bread, and if you add some cinnamon into the mix, oh my! This issue celebrates breads – from those fluffy yeast rolls you remember grandma making for Sunday dinners, to the light and fluffy biscuits that are amazing slathered with butter and jelly. And, let’s not forget those ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls that fill the house with the scents of cinnamon and nutmeg. I can smell them already, can you?
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 t. baking soda
- 4 c. flour
- 1 t. Salt
- 1 c. soured milk
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and soured milk. Mix.
- Add dry ingredients and mashed bananas.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans or 1 Bundt pan.
- Bake until golden (approximately 1 hour for loaf pans, 1 hour, 30 min. for Bundt pan) and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer to rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and continue to cool.