Submitted by Cheryl Arnett, Egyptian Electric Cooperative Association
- 16 ounces pork sausage
- 10 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 6 cups bread cubes
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 325 F and butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In skillet, cook and crumble the sausage. Drain and combine with chopped vegetables. Whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In the baking dish, layer half the bread, half the sausage mixture, half the cheese, the remaining bread and the remaining sausage mixture. Pour in egg mixture and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 55-60 minutes. Note: Veggies are optional.
Nutrition information: 339 calories; 22.6g fat; 805mg salt; 13.1g carbohydrates; 20.3g protein.