Singing in the Kitchen
Who: Champaign-Urbana Sweet Adelines
Cost: $13 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 99
Send checks to: CU Sweet Adelines,
3920 Daffodil Lane, Champaign, IL 61822
or call Judy at 815-269-2454.
Caprese Chicken with Bacon
- 8 bacon strips
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz. each)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes sliced
- 6 loosely packed fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place bacon in an ungreased 15x10x1” baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Place chicken in an ungreased 9x13” pan; brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes and basil.
- Wrap each in two bacon strips, arranging bacon in a crisscross.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Top with cheese; bake 1 minute longer or until melted.
- Makes 4 servings.