Cassoulet of Turkey Sausage
Submitted by Steve Morehead, Jo-Carroll Energy
- 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker
- 3 tablespoons zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 potatoes unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion sliced into half moons
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 2 cups green cabbage chopped
- 1 package sweet or hot Italian turkey sausage chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 15-ounce can Great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- Mix dressing and mustard.
- Arrange potato slices in an even layer in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Drizzle with half of the dressing mix.
- Arrange onion slices on potatoes. Top with carrots and cabbage. Drizzle with the remaining dressing mix.
- Top with sausage chunks, beans and the can of tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Nutrition information: 514 calories; 6.1g fat; 676mg salt; 82.3g carbohydrates; 35.8g protein.