Around the holidays, my family loves to try out new appetizers. We have even been known to make a meal out of them on New Year’s Day. Regardless of when you eat them, it’s nice to have a few quick, go-to ideas when company is coming, or you just want to serve a snack to whet the appetites before your Christmas dinner. I think you’ll enjoy them all and many can be made ahead of the big day, leaving you more time with family and friends.
- 1 lb. good quality white cheddar cheese NOT pre-shredded (2 cups)
- 1/2 c. butter soft
- 1 c. flour
- 1 t. minced onion
- 1/2 t. season salt
- Finely grate the cheese in a food processor and allow to come to room temperature.
- Add other ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into small balls and freeze.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly brown.
- Can keep these in freezer and pull out as many as you need.