From the Tried and True to the Very New
Who: Illinois Foundation for FCCLA
Cost: Donation of $25 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 316
Send checks to: Illinois Foundation for FCCLA, Sheryle Atkins, 15 Timber Ridge Dr., Fairbury, IL 61739 or call 309-261-3397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aunt Hilda's Biscuits
- 2 c. flour
- 4 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. cream of tartar
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/2 C. shortening
- 1 egg unbeaten
- 2/3 c. milk
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt and sugar.
- Cut in the shortening until mixture resembles small peas.
- Stir in the egg and milk until mixture is a stiff dough.
- Knead about 5 times.
- Roll to 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut out shapes with a 2-inch round biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes.