Cheesy Grilled Cheese
Submitted by: Laura Eaton, Southern Illinois Electric Cooperative
- 2 thick slices hearty bread such as sourdough
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Gouda Colby Jack or Provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese
- Spread mayonnaise on the outside of two slices of bread.
- Spread one of the slices with whipped cream cheese and place mayo side down in skillet or griddle.
- Top with cheese of your choice and the other slice of bread with the mayo on the outside.
- Cook until golden brown.
Nutrition information: 640 calories; 35.7g fat; 1492mg sodium; 41.8g carbohydrates; 37.9g protein.