Jalapeno Popper Sandwich
Courtesy of the best of Alabama Living
- 4 slices bread
- 2 slices of Big Slice Jalapeno Cheese slices
- 1 small jalapeno pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cheese singles
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup finely crushed pretzels
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter divided
- Fill bread slices with jalapeno cheese slices, sliced jalapeno peppers and cheese singles to make 2 sandwiches.
- Whisk egg and milk in pie plate until blended.
- Dip sandwiches, 1 at a time, in egg mixture, then in pretzel crumbs, turning to evenly coat both sides of each sandwich.
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter in medium skillet on medium heat. Add sandwiches; cook 2 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Add remaining butter to skillet; turn sandwiches. Cook 2 minutes or until bottoms are golden and cheese is melted.
Nutrition information: 534 calories; 27.1g fat; 1062mg sodium; 37.1g carbohydrates; 24.4g protein.