Just What the Doctor Ordered!
Who: Peoria Medical Society Auxiliary, Inc.
Cost: $20.95 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 268
Send checks to: Mary Clare Geraghty,
715 W. Bridgetowne Ct., Dunlap, IL 61525
or call 309-243-1063
Cherry Coffee Cake
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1-3/4 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2- 21 oz. cans cherry pie filling
- powdered sugar
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla at medium speed about two minutes until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt, adding gradually to creamed mixture. Beat well.
- Spread in greased 11x15" jelly roll pan, saving about 1-1/2 c. batter for topping.
- Spread cherry pie filling over dough to edges of pan.
- Spoon rest of dough over cherries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Cut in squares.