Our Favorite Recipes
Who: Co-op Family of Jo-Carroll Energy
Cost: $10, call 800 number below for shipping
Details: hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 182
Send checks to: Jo-Carroll Energy, Inc.,
793 US Route 20 West,
P.O. Box 390, Elizabeth, IL 61028
or call 800-858-5522, Ext. 1208.
Pork Loin with Apples and Pears
- 3 lb. boneless pork top loin roast
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 T. Good olive oil
- 3 apples cut in halves, wedges or slices
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/3 c. molasses
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 T. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with heavy foil, lightly oil foil. Place meat rack in pan and set aside.
- In bowl combine pepper, salt and garlic powder. Brush pork with 1 T. olive oil and rub with pepper mixture.
- Place pork on rack in roasting pan and roast 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile for glaze: in skillet combine molasses, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Remove to bowl. Set glaze and skillet aside.
- Remove pork from oven and brush pork with some glaze (reserve 2 T. for fruit).
- Continue roasting 10 minutes and glaze again.
- Continue roasting until thermometer inserted registers 150 degrees F.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in skillet used for glaze, heat 1 T. olive oil. Toss fruit with sugar. Add fruit to skillet, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 3 minutes more or until crisp-tender.
- Add reserved glaze, heat through.
- Serve pork with fruit and drizzle with pan juices.