Our Favorite Recipes
Who: Co-op Family of Jo-Carroll Energy
Cost: $10, call 800 number below for shipping
Details: hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 182
Send checks to: Jo-Carroll Energy, Inc.,
793 US Route 20 West,
P.O. Box 390, Elizabeth, IL 61028
or call 800-858-5522, Ext. 1208.
Diabetic Apple Pie
- 6 med. apples or 4c apples peeled and sliced
- 1- 6 oz can frozen apple juice thawed
- 1-1/2 to 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 2 T. margarine optional
- Pastry for 2 crust pie
- Mix cornstarch and apple juice together in a pan. Cook stirring until it begins to clear.
- Stir in apples and spices and pour into a crust. Dot with margarine.
- Place top crust on pie and crimp.
- Spread a little milk on top and lightly sprinkle with sugar. Can also sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.