Just What the Doctor Ordered!
Who: Peoria Medical Society Auxiliary, Inc.
Cost: $20.95 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 268
Send checks to: Mary Clare Geraghty,
715 W. Bridgetowne Ct., Dunlap, IL 61525
or call 309-243-1063
- 30 med. apples, plus sticks
- 1-1/3 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 2 c. dark brown sugar
- 3/4 c. white corn syrup
- Pinch salt
- Ground nuts optional
- Wash apples and put a stick in each.
- Mix other ingredients, except nuts, together and heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Drip each apple in caramel and then into nuts if desired.
- Set apples in paper muffin cups or on waxed paper.