Just What the Doctor Ordered!
Who: Peoria Medical Society Auxiliary, Inc.
Cost: $20.95 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 268
Send checks to: Mary Clare Geraghty,
715 W. Bridgetowne Ct., Dunlap, IL 61525
or call 309-243-1063
- 2- 4 oz. cans diced green chilies drained
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese coarsely grated
- 1 lb. Cheddar cheese coarsely grated
- 4 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 c. evaporated milk
- 1 T. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 med. tomatoes sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the grated cheeses and the green chilies. Turn into a well-greased shallow 2-quart casserole (12x8x2").
- In a large bowl beat egg whites just until stiff peaks form when beater is lifted.
- In a small bowl combine egg yolks, milk, flour, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Gently fold beaten egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese mixture in casserole. With a fork, ooze it through the cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove it from the oven and arrange tomato slices, overlapping, around edge of casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes longer or until brown.