Chicken Cannelloni with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 8- ounce package cannelloni shells
- 4 cups cooked chicken finely chopped
- 2 8- ounce containers chive and onion low fat cream cheese
- 1 10- ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 7- ounce jars roasted red bell peppers drained and processed in blender
- 1 16- ounce jar light creamy Alfredo sauce
- 1 3- ounce package shredded low fat Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Stir together chicken and next six ingredients. If not using large shells, cut pasta shells lengthwise through the side.
- Spoon about 1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken mixture into each shell, gently pressing cut sides together. Place filled side down in two lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dishes.
- Pour roasted red pepper sauce evenly over pasta. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
Editor’s note: cannelloni shells were unavailable at the time, so we substituted with manicotti shells. Nutrition information: 272 calories; 14g fat; 720mg sodium; 12.9g carbohydrates; 23.5g protein.