- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles cooked
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 pound Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Melt margarine in medium saucepan. Blend in flour, salt and oregano. Stir in broth. Cook until thick and boiling.
- Remove from heat and add chicken.
- Lightly grease 9x13-inch pan.
- In medium bowl, combine cottage cheese and beaten egg.
- Pour 1/3 chicken mixture on bottom. Top with half of noodles, half of cottage cheese mixture, half of spinach and sprinkle with 1/3 of mozzarella. Repeat steps.
- Top with final third of chicken mixture, then top with remaining mozzarella and grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Nutrition information: 433 calories; 19.8g fat; 1015mg sodium; 26.2g carbohydrates; 37g protein.