From Our Community to Your Table
Who: Carl Sandburg College Community Garden
Details: hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 205
To purchase: Call 309-341-5328 or email email@example.com, for more info contact Mary Robson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chicken or Turkey Cilantro Bites
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 1 lg. egg
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1/4 c. low sodium soy sauce
- Stir together ground meat, egg, cilantro, scallions, sesame oil and salt with a fork until just blended.
- Spread cornstarch in a shallow baking pan. With wet hands, form meat mixture into balls.
- Put meatballs into baking pan as they are formed. Roll in cornstarch (balls will be soft).
- Heat vegetable oil in a 12’ heavy skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Cook half of each meatball, then roll over and cook other side until done. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Blend rice vinegar and soy sauce and serve as a dipping sauce. Makes 30 balls.