Taste of Tradition
Who: Mid Century Telephone Cooperative and Adams Telephone Co-Operative
Cost: $15.15 includes shipping ($10 at offices)
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 234
Send checks to: Paula Monari, Mid Century Telephone Cooperative, P.O. Box 380, Fairview, IL 61432 or call 309-778-8611.
Chili-Cheese Potato Tots
Editor’s note: I used shredded cheddar in place of the cheese dip to reduce the amount of calories and preservatives.
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2-14.5 oz. cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 T. ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2-32 oz. bags frozen potato tots baked or fried and kept warm
- 1-15 oz. jar nondairy pasteurized cheese dip heated
- Chopped onions and pickled jalapenos for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, combine ground chuck and onion. Cook over medium-high heat until beef is browned and crumbly, drain well.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Divide cooked potato tots evenly among serving dishes. Top with desired amount of chili. Pour desired amount of cheese over chili. Garnish with chopped onion and pickled jalapenos, if desired. Serve immediately.