Hot summer days call for a dip in the pool and inviting family and friends for a cookout. Instead of heating up the oven to bake a dessert, consider something cooler –frozen desserts. In the heat of summer, these chilly delights are favorites that hit the spot.
Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Bananas
- 6 bananas cut in half
- 12 wooden skewers
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- Toppings chopped nuts, coconut, miniature marshmallows, mini M&Ms, crushed candy bars
- Using a double-boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening until chips are melted.
- Insert skewer into each banana half, dip into chocolate and place on parchment lined sheet pan.
- Sprinkle toppings over chocolate covered banana and freeze overnight. You can substitute semi-sweet chips for white, dark or peanut butter chips.