Don’t be blue!
It’s blueberry season. To celebrate these juicy wonders, we wanted to give you a few “throwback” Finest Cooking recipes to get those creative cooking juices flowing.
Peach Blueberry Pie
- Pastry for 2 crust 9 inch pie
- 4 cups sliced peaches
- 2 cups Fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Combine peaches and blueberries.
- Combine sugar, tapioca and salt. Add to peach mixture. Stir gently to mix well.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over fruit and toss lightly to mix. Place in bottom crust.
- Cut butter in small pieces and place over fruit. Add top crust. Cut slits in top of crust to vent.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to 350 F and bake for 30-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- You can use frozen fruit, but fresh is better.
Nutrition information: 302 calories; 3.4g fat; 46mg sodium; 46.2g carbohydrates; 1.3g protein.