Eating gluten-free doesn’t have to mean flavor free. Whether you choose to forego gluten as a change to your diet, or it’s a medical necessity, this month’s recipes will have your taste buds singing. They are full of flavor and texture and will have you coming back for more. As you will notice in the Hobo Stew, the choice of using a gluten-free soup makes the entire recipe safe, and the alfredo sauce is so tasty you will want to make it with or without gluten-free pasta.
Chocolate Quinoa Brownies
- 2 c. quinoa cooked and cooled
- 1/3 c. milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 6 T. butter melted and cooled
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 t. bakin powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 can full fat coconut milk* chilled or 1-1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13” pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine quinoa, milk, eggs, vanilla and butter and blend until very smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to food processor and pulse until incorporated.
- Pour into parchment lined pan and bake for about 20 minutes until a fork comes out clean.
- For frosting, combine chocolate chips with coconut milk or heavy cream in a saucepan and heat over low until melted, stirring frequently. (Could also combine in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted.) Move to refrigerator and chill completely.
- Remove from fridge and beat with a hand mixer with a whisk attachment, until soft peaks form. Frost brownies.