Eating gluten-free doesn’t have to mean flavor free. Whether you choose to forego gluten as a change to your diet, or it’s a medical necessity, this month’s recipes will have your taste buds singing. They are full of flavor and texture and will have you coming back for more. As you will notice in the Hobo Stew, the choice of using a gluten-free soup makes the entire recipe safe, and the alfredo sauce is so tasty you will want to make it with or without gluten-free pasta.
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. maple syrup
- 1/2 t. Allspice
- 1/2 t. Cinnamon
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 2/3 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 2 c. packed almond meal
- 1/2 c. whey protein powder or coconut flour measure and then sift
- Handful toasted, chopped pecans and chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 small (7-3/8 x 3-3/8”) or 1 regular (9 x 5”) loaf pan. Cut a large strip of parchment paper to line pan for easy removal.
- Combine all ingredients, beating well with a hand mixer.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 20 minutes before using knife to separate edges from pan. Gently remove loaf. Place on a wire rack to cool completely. I like to slice when it is still pretty warm.