Eating gluten-free doesn’t have to mean flavor free. Whether you choose to forego gluten as a change to your diet, or it’s a medical necessity, this month’s recipes will have your taste buds singing. They are full of flavor and texture and will have you coming back for more. As you will notice in the Hobo Stew, the choice of using a gluten-free soup makes the entire recipe safe, and the alfredo sauce is so tasty you will want to make it with or without gluten-free pasta.
- 1/2 c. dry quinoa
- 1 c. cooked red or black beans
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- Stir in drained beans, avocado and onions.
- In a small jar, whisk the remaining ingredients; toss over salad.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to enhance flavor.