Eating gluten-free doesn’t have to mean flavor free. Whether you choose to forego gluten as a change to your diet, or it’s a medical necessity, this month’s recipes will have your taste buds singing. They are full of flavor and texture and will have you coming back for more. As you will notice in the Hobo Stew, the choice of using a gluten-free soup makes the entire recipe safe, and the alfredo sauce is so tasty you will want to make it with or without gluten-free pasta.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 c. applesauce
- 1/4 c. milk soy or almond suggested, but I use 2% milk
- 2 c. gluten free old-fashioned oats
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1-1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 c. pecans or walnuts
- 1 c. chocolate chips or raisins
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- Mix all together and drop by heaping tablespoons onto lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until firm. May look slightly damp but do not allow to dry out.
- Option 2: replace chocolate chips with butterscotch chips and add 1/2 t. maple flavoring.