Eating gluten-free doesn’t have to mean flavor free. Whether you choose to forego gluten as a change to your diet, or it’s a medical necessity, this month’s recipes will have your taste buds singing. They are full of flavor and texture and will have you coming back for more. As you will notice in the Hobo Stew, the choice of using a gluten-free soup makes the entire recipe safe, and the alfredo sauce is so tasty you will want to make it with or without gluten-free pasta.
- 3 med. potatoes sliced thin
- 1 med. onion chopped fine
- 1/2 c. celery diced
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. hamburger, broken into small pieces (you could use Italian sausage instead)
- 1 can gluten free tomato soup (I used Progresso)
- Place sliced potatoes in bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Cover with onion, celery, kidney beans, raw meat, salt and pepper, and top with tomato soup. Cover.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hrs. in a 350-degree oven or until potatoes are done. Makes 4 servings.