Eating gluten-free doesn’t have to mean flavor free. Whether you choose to forego gluten as a change to your diet, or it’s a medical necessity, this month’s recipes will have your taste buds singing. They are full of flavor and texture and will have you coming back for more. As you will notice in the Hobo Stew, the choice of using a gluten-free soup makes the entire recipe safe, and the alfredo sauce is so tasty you will want to make it with or without gluten-free pasta.
Gluten Free Alfredo Sauce
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash salt and pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- 1-1/1/2 c. milk
- Gluten free pasta (I used a corn/rice pasta)
- Toppings of your choice
- In saucepan, melt cream cheese and butter blending with a whisk. The cream cheese may have small clumps but will change when other ingredients are added.
- Whisk in parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add milk to desired thickness. Heat through.
- Pour over pasta with desired toppings such as chicken, shrimp, broccoli, etc.