Feeding the Flock
Who: Oak Grove Baptist Church
Cost: $13.25 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 61
Make checks to: Oak Grove Baptist Church, Rhonda Eccles, 511 Ohio Ave., Windsor, IL 61957 or call 217-246-2655 or call Linda Emul at 217-665-3194
Easy Burrito Bowls
- 1 c. Salsa
- 1 c. uncooked rice
- 2 c. romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 - 15.25 oz. can corn drained
- 1 - 15 oz. can Black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- 2 T. fresh cilantro chopped
- Chipotle Cream Sauce:
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 T. chipotle paste
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 t. Salt
- To make the Chipotle Cream Sauce, whisk together sour cream, chipotle paste, garlic, lime juice and salt; set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, cook rice according to package instructions.
- Let cool and stir in salsa. Set aside.
- To assemble, divide rice mixture into bowls.
- Top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
- Serve and drizzle with Chipotle Cream Sauce.