Easy Dutch Oven Cobbler
- 1 29-ounce can sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 20-ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, stir together peaches, cherry pie filling and almond extract. Do not drain peaches.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter and place in Dutch oven. Swirl to coat.
- Pour the fruit mixture into the Dutch oven, and pour the cake mix on top of the fruit. Do not stir.
- Cut up the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and scatter on top of the cake mix.
- Cover Dutch oven and bake until browned, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition information: 545 calories; 66.5g fat; 420mg salt; 97.4g carbohydrates; 6.7g protein.