Hummus Lunch Box
- 1 15- ounce can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice from half a lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce jar Kalamata olives
- Pita or naan bread
- Drain chickpeas, reserving liquid.
- Add chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, and salt to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add reserved chickpea liquid by the tablespoon until you have the desired consistency, about 4 tablespoons.
- Divide hummus into four containers and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
- Divide sliced cucumber, grape tomatoes, olives, and pita or naan bread into four containers. Refrigerate until lunchtime.
Nutrition information: 707 calories; 32.3g fat; 645mg salt; 85.7g carbohydrates; 26.3g protein.