Expecting trick-or-treaters or party guests?
Check out these tips to help make Halloween festivities fun and safe.
- Provide healthier treats for those little ghosts and goblins and include a variety of fruits and vegetables for guests.
- Use trick-or-treat time as an opportunity for kids to get their daily dose of 60 minutes of physical activity.
- Be sure walking areas and stairs are well-lit and free of obstacles that could cause someone to fall.
- Keep candle-lit jack-o’-lanterns and luminaries away from doorsteps, walkways, landings and curtains. Place them on sturdy tables out of the reach of pets and small children. Never leave them unattended.
- Remind drivers to watch out for trick-or-treaters and to drive safely.