Who: Richland County Farm Bureau
Cost: $20.95 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 235
Send checks to: Richland County Farm Bureau, 710 N. West St., Olney, IL 62450;
call 618-393-4116; or email email@example.com
Fish Tacos with Honey-Lime Cilantro Slaw & Chipotle Mayo
- 1 lb. tilapia filets cut into chunks
- 1/2 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/3 c. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 T. adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/8 t. Cayenne pepper
- 1/3 c. flour
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 c. panko crumbs
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 c. vegetable oil for frying
- 2 c. three-color coleslaw blend
- 1 c. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 7-inch flour tortillas warmed
- Place tilapia chunks in a flat dish and pour 1/2 c. lime juice over the fish. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the honey-cumin sauce by whisking together 1/3 c. lime juice, honey, 1 T. vegetable oil and ground cumin in a small bowl. Set aside until needed.
- Chipotle Mayonnaise Dressing: Place mayonnaise, chilies, adobo sauce, 1/4 t. salt and cayenne pepper together in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- To bread the fish, place the flour, eggs and panko crumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip the fish pieces first in the flour, coating evenly and shaking off any excess.
- Dip next in the eggs and last in the panko crumbs, patting the pieces to help the bread crumbs hold. Set the fish aside on a plate.
- To cook the breaded fish, pour 1 c. vegetable oil into a skillet to 1/4-inch deep. Heat the oil to 365 degrees over medium heat.
- Cook the fish, turning until all sides are golden brown and flesh is easily flaked with a fork. Drain on paper towels.
- Brush the fish with the honey-cumin sauce.
- Mix the coleslaw and cilantro together in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the chipotle mayonnaise dressing and pour the remaining dressing over the coleslaw mixture.
- Toss to coat evenly. Place the warm tortillas on a flat surface and spread with 1 tablespoon reserved chipotle mayonnaise.
- Divide the fish between the tortillas.
- Top with cilantro coleslaw.