“Oldies But Goodies”
Remembering our Moms…Past & Present
Who: Greenfield Triennial Homecoming Committee 2016
Cost: $20 includes postage
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 296
Send checks to: Greenfield Triennial Homecoming, c/o Glenna Wright, Sec.,
R.R. 1, Box 224, Greenfield, IL 62044 or call 217-368-2233.
Soy Chicken Kabobs
- 1-15 oz. can pineapple chunks
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 5 skinless boneless chicken breast halves cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green or red pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 c. juice. Set pineapple aside.
- Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger in a dish. Mix well.
- Add chicken to marinade, cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Alternate chicken, green pepper and pineapple on skewers.
- Grill kabobs over hot coals for 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently with marinade.
- Serve over rice.