Recipes from Our Home
Who: Calhoun Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 143
Send checks to: Barb Ledder, Calhoun Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1 Myrtle Ln., Hardin, IL 62047 or call 618-576-2278.
- 2 lbs. stew meat or roast cut into 1 in chunks
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 small onions chopped
- 3 stalks celery cut into 1 in chunks
- 2 T. tapioca
- 4 potatoes cut into 1 in chunks
- 3 carrots cut into 1 in chunks
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- Mix all ingredients together and put into a roaster pan with a tight lid (or use a slow cooker for about 8 hours.) Set oven at 250 degrees. Do not open for 5 hours.