Recipes from Our Home
Who: Calhoun Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 143
Send checks to: Barb Ledder, Calhoun Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1 Myrtle Ln., Hardin, IL 62047 or call 618-576-2278.
Hearty Breakfast Skillet
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) bulk sausage
- 2 c. frozen, shredded hashbrown potatoes
- 1-10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies drained
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) Velveeta Cheese cut up
- 6 eggs
- Brown sausage in large nonstick skillet, drain.
- Add potatoes and tomatoes and cook 5 minutes. Top with Velveeta.
- Beat eggs and 2 T. water with wire whisk. Pour evenly over ingredients in skillet.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, cook 10-12 minutes or until egg mixture is set in center and cheese is melted.
- Uncover, let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges with a nonstick spatula.