Recipes from Our Home
Who: Calhoun Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 143
Send checks to: Barb Ledder, Calhoun Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1 Myrtle Ln., Hardin, IL 62047 or call 618-576-2278.
- 1-1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. butter or margarine melted
- 2-10 oz. pkg frozen, sweetened strawberries thawed
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 3-8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese softened
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9” springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 min.
- In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries and corn starch; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Set aside 1/3 cup of strawberry sauce; cool. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce for serving.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in milk. Add lemon juice; mix well. Add eggs, beat on low just until combined.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Drop half of the reserved strawberry mixture by 1/2 teaspoons into cream cheese layer. Carefully spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over sauce.
- Drop remaining strawberry sauce by 1/2 teaspoons on top. With a knife, cut through top layer only to swirl strawberry sauce.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 min. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool one hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove side of pan.
- Thin chilled strawberry sauce with water if desired; serve with cheesecake. Store in refrigerator.