Who: Maeystown Clovers 4-H Club
Cost: $13.50 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 121
Send checks to: Maeystown Clovers, c/o Lisa Schwarze, 3010 Long Lake Rd., Valmeyer, IL 62295 or call 618-830-5019.
Blue Cheese Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 ribs celery finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1 c. buffalo wing sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 c. plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1/4 c. honey
- Sliced green onions (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add olive oil then add onion, celery and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently for 5 to 8 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, 1/2 cup of wing sauce, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add cooled vegetables. Mix gently but well.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place half of the chicken mixture on the baking sheet, patting into a rectangle. Top evenly with cheese.
- Add the rest of the meat, covering all of the cheese to seal edges and forming a loaf.
- Stir together the remaining 1/2 cup of wing sauce and honey. Brush half of it over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1/2 hour; brush with the remaining sauce and bake another 1/2 hour or until cooked through.
- Let cool slightly before slicing. If desired, sprinkle with green onions for garnish. Serves 6.