Calling all cookbooks!
Is your church or community organization selling its own unique cookbook filled with favorite recipes of cooks in your area? If so, send your cookbook to Valerie Cheatham, Illinois Country Living, P.O. Box 3787, Springfield, IL 62708. Please include the price of your cookbook plus postage costs and the name, address and telephone numbers (both day and evening) of the cooperative member we should contact for more information.
German-style Smoked Chops
- 1 lb. can Sauerkraut rinsed in cold water and well drained
- 1 sm. onion chopped
- 1/2 to 1 T. sugar
- 2 med. apples peeled and chopped
- 4 smoked pork chops
- 1/2 c. Water
- In a 2-quart casserole, combine half of the sauerkraut, onion, apples and sugar; arrange evenly and top with chops.
- Layer remaining sauerkraut, onion, apple and sugar on top, mixing slightly.
- Pour water over mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until heated through.