Calling all cookbooks!
Is your church or community organization selling its own unique cookbook filled with favorite recipes of cooks in your area? If so, send your cookbook to Valerie Cheatham, Illinois Country Living, P.O. Box 3787, Springfield, IL 62708. Please include the price of your cookbook plus postage costs and the name, address and telephone numbers (both day and evening) of the cooperative member we should contact for more information.
- 4 lg. potatoes
- 1 lg. onion
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1/4 t. garlic
- 1/4 t. Black pepper
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies undrained
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1- 25 oz. can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 lg. head cabbage coarsely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- Coarsely chop onion.
- Saute onion and potatoes in small amount of oil with garlic and black pepper until potatoes begin to soften.
- Add chicken stock, diced tomatoes and tomatoes with chilies.
- Add chopped cabbage and cook until cabbage is done.
- Add and salt and pepper to taste.