Calling all cookbooks!
Is your church or community organization selling its own unique cookbook filled with favorite recipes of cooks in your area? If so, send your cookbook to Valerie Cheatham, Illinois Country Living, P.O. Box 3787, Springfield, IL 62708. Please include the price of your cookbook plus postage costs and the name, address and telephone numbers (both day and evening) of the cooperative member we should contact for more information.
Curried Floret Salad
- 2-1/2 c. fresh broccoli florets
- 2-1/2 c. fresh cauliflower florets
- 1- 6 oz. pkg. dried cranberries
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 2 T. plus 2 t. White vinegar
- 1 T. Brown sugar
- 1 T. chives minced
- 1-1/2 t. curry powder
- 1-1/2 t. soy sauce
- 1/4 t. garlic minced
- 1/3 c. Mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. slivered almonds toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, brown sugar, chives, curry powder, soy sauce and garlic. Whisk in mayonnaise until blended.
- Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring several times.
- Before serving, stir in almonds.