Grammie’s Cheesy Potatoes
Submitted by: Brandy Atterberg, Western Illinois Electrical Coop.
Servings 10 to 12
- 2 pounds frozen shredded
- hashbrowns thawed
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces French onion sour cream dip or sour cream
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cups shredded sharp or mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Spray a piece of foil, large enough to fit pan, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except butter and half of cheese. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased pan. Portion butter over top of potatoes and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with sprayed foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition information: 488 calories; 33.5g fat; 674mg sodium; 32g carbohydrates; 14.6g protein.