May McQuown Block’s Baked Macaroni
Submitted by: Christina Block Terrell, Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese cut into small cubes
- 2 cups milk
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles broken in half
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese grated
- 1/3 cup onions finely chopped
- Paprika or chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In medium pan, warm milk and Velveeta together until it melts.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions and drain.
- In large, greased baking dish, combine drained noodles with milk and Velveeta, onions and grated cheddar. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
Four generations of our family have enjoyed this recipe, and everyone wants crispy crusts on the sides and top. Nutrition information: 252 calories; 12.8g fat; 565mg sodium; 22g carbohydrates; 13.7g protein.