Grandma E’s Cobbler
Submitted by: Elaine Eberlin, Illinois Electric Cooperative
- 1 quart sliced peaches or fruit of choice
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 sticks butter
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In medium saucepan, mix fruit and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Heat to boil until sugar dissolves;
- remove from heat. Melt butter in 9x13-inch baking pan. In mixing bowl, combine remaining sugar, flour,
- baking powder, salt and milk. Mix well. Pour batter over melted butter in pan, then pour hot fruit over batter.
- Do not stir! Baked 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition information: 264 calories; 10.2g fat; 129 mg sodium; 43.9g carbohydrates; 2g protein.