L/CAEC Family and Friends Recipe Favorites
Who: Lawrence-Crawford Association for Exceptional Citizens
Cost: $22 includes shipping
Details: hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 148
Send checks to: L/CAEC, c/o Janice Zwilling,
2222 Lexington Ave., Lawrenceville, IL 62439 or call 618-943-4401.
Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 pork bone-in rib chops 3/4" thick
- 1 t. Salt
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 c. fresh basil leaves packed
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- With food processor running, drop in garlic to mince.
- Add fresh basil and chop; then add lemon, oil, salt and pepper, process to make a thin, wet rub.
- Spread both sides of meat with mixture. Let stand 15-30 minutes.
- Prepare medium hot grill. Brush grate clean and oil the grate.
- Grill chops over direct heat, turning once to medium rare doneness 5-6 minutes per side or until temperature reaches 145 degrees, followed by a 3-minute rest. Done takes 8-9 minutes per side and 160 degrees.