Recipes to Remember
Who: Watson Baptist Church
Cost: $12.50 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 143
Send checks to: Paula Tieffel,
8528 N. Meadowview Rd, Effingham, IL, 62401 or call 217-343-4320.
- 4 C. cooked chicken cubed
- 4 C. frozen cubed hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 (16-oz) pkg. frozen mixed vegetables thawed and drained
- 1 (10-3/4-oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10-3/4-oz.) can condensed cream of onion soup
- 1 C. sour cream
- 2/3 C. milk
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 small ghost-shaped cookie cutter
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, potatoes, vegetables, soup, sour cream, milk, flour salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Transfer to a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place the bread in a food processor, cover and process to make crumb; sprinkle over the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheet. Using a small, floured ghost-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 12 ghosts.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Remove potpie from the oven; set aside and keep warm.
- Bake ghosts at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
- Place on top of potpie; serve immediately.